Looking to find a great New Year’s Resolution? You’ve set the date (or you’re choosing between a few) – resolve to book your vendors and have a stress-free wedding planning experience in 2017 with the biggest wedding showcase in Hampton Roads on January 15, 2017. Just to give you an idea of how you should be booking your vendors, here’s a little cheatsheet checklist that you can bring to the bridal show to make sure that you’ve got your bases covered – and the first thing on the list should be to register for the show here!
One year before your wedding:
- Determine if your date is available at desired ceremony & reception locations – and put a deposit down!
- If your reception location doesn’t have a caterer, be sure to choose one and secure them with a deposit as well.
- Choose & reserve your officiant, and don’t forget to check to see if they’re available for your rehearsal.
- Shop for a wedding dress – it can take 6-9 months just for your gown to arrive, and another 2-3 for fittings.
- Book your photographer, entertainment, event planner & designer, and cake.
9 months before your wedding:
- Book your transportation, flowers, rentals, beauty, and stationary.
- Book your honeymoon – and consider updating your passport, etc. if necessary.
- Reserve accommodations for your out-of-town guests.
- Start the search for bridesmaids gowns – they take 3-4 months to come in, and should allow for 6-8 weeks for alterations.
6 months before your wedding:
- Place order for bridesmaids gowns.
- Order your invitations (don’t forget thank you cards!).
- Pick out men’s attire and get it booked.
- Start planning bridal showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties!
- Order gowns for the mothers of the couple.
4 months before:
- Order your wedding rings
- Order your wedding favors, bridal party gifts, and other wedding accessories (champagne glasses, ring bearer pillow, etc.)
- If you haven’t already, consider hiring a day-of-coordinator for your wedding.
2 months before:
- Choose a make-up artist and schedule a trial.
- Choose a hair stylist and schedule a trial.
- Purchase bridal party gifts and a gift for your fiancee.
1 month before:
- Confirm and pay final payments to your vendors.
- Have your trial with your hair and makeup artist.
This is literally just the tip of the iceberg – see this checklist with so much more (to include creating a budget, narrowing your guest list, when to send out invitations, and more) with The Bridal Dish™ by House of Maya’s online portal – then use this checklist to find all the vendors that you’re looking for at Uniquely Yours Bridal Showcase on January 15th.